What is Inspired Tots?
Inspired Tots is a parent and toddler group offering access to specialist speech and language support along-side developing a network of likeminded parents/carers in a secure, Covid safe environment.
- It will be a 1 hour session per week that will take place at the Inspired Learners Centre and will accommodate at least 5 tots
- Based on a six week programme
Equip parents with skills & confidence
What does the Inspired Tots course include?
- Provides expert modelling/demonstration of speech and language skills in a nurturing environment
- Play based development to promote communication
- Opportunities to develop parents understanding of speech and language development
- Enable toddlers to develop social communication skills in a structured and effective way
- Rapid and early access to speech and language support to reduce referrals to Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Support wellbeing of child and parent/carer
Sessions are lively, practical & fun
Who can assess this support?
Parents, carers, foster carers with toddlers aged 18 months – 4 years of age.
Inspired Tots Outcomes
- Pre and post confidence and impact questionnaire’s
- Improved understanding of the foundation skills in speech and language development
- Improved speech and language skills for Tots
- Build capacity and confidence amongst parents and carers
- Improved well-being for all
- Consistent and tailored support from a friendly service
- Provided by one qualified SLCD Specialist Teacher initially with the view that there will be one additional TA in a supporting role